I thought maybe I better post something that didn’t fall under the dessert category. This is one of those slow cooker meals that is so quick and easy to throw together — and I mean QUICK and EASY!! That is the beauty of this recipe. The combination of the chicken, sweet pineapple, beans and salsa make this meal so yummy.
You can serve this taco salad style or roll it up inside tortillas. It is amazing anyway you fix it. Garnish it with cheese, tomatoes, avacado, sour cream, lettuce, etc.
- 6 fresh or frozen chicken breasts
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, like Great Northern, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups mild or medium salsa
- Tortillas or tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- Place the chicken in the crock pot and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Using tongs, remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred into bite-size pieces. Mix the chicken back in with the rest of the ingredients. The mixture may be fairly soupy – I drain off some of the extra liquid before serving, especially if we are eating it in tortillas. Serve with tortilla chips and garnishes, like tomatoes, cheese, avocado, sour cream, etc.
Recipe Source: Mels Kitchen Cafe