- 2 pound boneless pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
I feel like I struck gold when I found these recipe awhile back.
Honestly, this pork is beyond fabulous!! My boys go crazy when I make this and they are all but licking their plates.
The pork itself is tender, juicy and yummy, but when you pour the balsamic glaze over it . . . .WaTcH OuT!! The glaze takes this pork to a whole other level (most of us pretty much have our pork swimming in the stuff). I usually just drizzle some of the glaze over the platter and then we add more to our plates after we’ve dished up.
Not only is this pork delicious, it couldn’t be easier to make. I think this just may be one of my favorite pork recipes. It’s great served with our favorite yellow rice.
- In a small bowl, combine the sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub the spice mixture all over the roast.
- Place the pork roast in the slow cooker and pour in the 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Near the end of the cooking time for the roast, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce and let the mixture simmer, stirring occasionally, until it thickens.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker, shred and place on a platter or plate. Drizzle the glaze over the pork and serve.
Recipe Source: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe