- 4 large, unpeeled potatoes (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1 can (10 oz) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh dill or fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
Up until a few days ago I had never even heard of the LooneySpoons Cookbooks, but thanks to my cute friend I now have and I am a huge fan!
While we sit and watch our son’s basketball games at the high school, we also talk food . . . yes, we are quite the multi-taskers! She knows I love to bake/cook and she asked me if I had ever heard of the Looneyspoons cookbooks. When I told her I hadn’t, she was sweet enough to bring me her copy to the game the other night. When it comes to cookbook, I am like a kid at Christmas, I get ridiculously excited. I started looking through this one and couldn’t put it down. I finally had to tuck it under my seat so I would actually watch my son play basketball. She let me bring it home for the week-end and I am now officially in love with this cookbook and have already ordered it from Amazon. One of the funnest things about this cookbook is the names and descriptions they have given their recipes. Like these potatoes for example, the title of them is:
Darth Taters- Cheesy, gooey roasted-potato casserole – If you think all potatoes are evil, think again! It’s time to restore justice to the beloved spud with our lightened-up roasted potato casserole. It’s the best in the galaxy! A real livesaber when you need a special side dish.
Now how dang clever is that?! The whole book is filled with hillarious titles and descriptions. Our entire Sunday dinner was from this cookbook and everything was amazing, including these killer potatoes. We absolutely loved them and I’m pretty dang sure you will too. The other great thing about all the recipes is they are all kind of “lightened up” recipes and the book includes the nutritional information for every single recipe. Love, love, love this book.
- Preheat oven to 425º. Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks and place in a 9×13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Add onions, olive oil, garlic, salt, thyme, pepper and paprika and mix well. Roast the potatoes for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven and reduce temp to 375º.
- In a medium bowl mix together soup, parmesan cheese and dill/parsley. Pour over potatoes and mix well. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top, followed by green onion. Return potatoes to oven and bake, uncovered for 25 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown around the edges and cheese is bubbly.
Recipe Source: The Looneyspoons Collection Cookbook